Tuesday 8 October 2013

Haunted Doll Makeup




So I'm back with another look you can recreate for Halloween!! When deciding what I wanted to do, I thought about what creeped me out and gave me nightmares as a child (and still do!) To be honest, I am pretty much scared of anything, I cannot for the life of me watch any thriller let alone some serious horror movie! But I have always had a fear of china dolls. I used to stay over my best friends house most weekends and she had these china dolls that used to stand on the tops of her wardrobe, looking down on us whilst we slept! I always had a creepy feeling those dolls eyes would follow us, and I was suspicious they came alive! So therefore, I decided that I would recreate a dolls face, not necessarily a china doll....but a doll with a free moving mouth (a bit like the movie, Chuckie!).

Again, this look is super easy to recreate, with cheap facepaints, or even with makeup! It is very effective and when an outfit is added to this look, it would be amazing! I'm thinking, a matted wig, ragged and torn clothes... you know the flow! Just think of old dolls, creepy, dirty and with that 'vacant- but im watching you' kind of look in there eye!





Basic instructions of how to do;

1) As you can see I have extended the white of the eye on to my cheek and applied eyelashes where the eye would finish! This gives the illusion of large, rounded and protruding eyes, just like a doll! You can choose to use larger eyelashes if you wish for a more dramatic effect. I also made my eyebrows appear as though they were big and bushy.
2) Next step was creating the rounded cheeks. Here, I smiled and drew with brown eye-shadow where the apples of my cheeks sat, then I blended the shadow so it didn't look so prominent. Next, I added a rosy red blush directly to the apples of the cheeks and added freckles with liquid liner. 
3) Now the most fun, and best part of this look is creating the free-moving mouth! Firstly, draw a black line from the corner of your mouth towards the bottom of your chin. Do this both sides. Next, draw half way across your chin with the same black pencil or paint to show where the teeth start. Apply red/pink lipstick/paint to your top lip. Also taking that same colour add it to the bottom of your chin. Be sure to leave enough room for you to draw the teeth in! Then take white paint/ or white eyeshadow with mixing liquid and fill in the area for your teeth. Use black liquid liner or paint to create the teeth! Remember to do large sized teeth for that ventriloquist effect. Lastly, fill in that middle section as black as you can make to create the open mouth stance. This next step is optional however if you really want to make the mouth pop, apply a light shade of concealer alongside the mouth.

And whalaaaa! Your Halloween doll face is ready to go! 

If you wish to see a step by step tutorial of this look, or a video please comment below! Also, if you have any Halloween makeup requests again just comment below and I will see what I can do! 

Thankyou and have a great day <3

Personal Instagram- mskatieelou
Makeup Page- Instagram- klmakeup_
Facebook- KLMakeup

                                                                              XOX


2 comments:

  1. Ah super freaky! Took me a while to work out how you did that. Amazing makeup as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, thankyou!! It's sooooo much fun to do, I LOVE Halloween! <3

    ReplyDelete