Tuesday 17 September 2013

Enchanted...

“I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

The quote above was taken from the fantastic film, "The Great Gatsby". From the glitz and glamour of the gorgeous little dresses, to the deep heart-ache among these iconic woman.
          On today's shoot, I was continuing my journey of assistance, and I was really fortunate to be working alongside the VERY talented, Hilde once again. She contacted me and asked if I would like to assist her at her shoot, and of course, I was excited to! Not only did I have the honor to work alongside Hilde once more, but I was also working alongside one of the top five photographers in the world!! Manuel Libres Librodo is an incredible photographer who uses only natural lighting, his work is astonishing and his page has had over 26 million views! You can visit his work at; http://www.pbase.com/manny_librodo. 

The "Great Gatsby" was first written and set in 1925. The overall look of this era resembled the 'flapper girl'. The girls skin was very fair (no one had a tan!), eyes were smokey and made to look deep set; the eyebrows also curved around the socket and finished on the temples of the face. (otherwise known as sad eyebrows!) Lips were made to look full and in particular, heart-shaped!

                       
Our location of the shoot today was set in an old antique storehouse in Bangkok, Lad Phrao, soi 55/2; Papaya. Even the location itself was enchanting and mesmerizing! I have never seen so many beautiful, quirky, unique and old items under one roof! Here is a few sneaky pictures of the location;




Finally, here are some photo's that I took on set whilst they were shooting :) I really hope you have enjoyed my post; if you have any questions please comment me. Also feel free to follow/share/ like <3 Spread the love! 

Cocktail Girl; 





Flapper; 




Traveller; 





Thankyou, and have a great week! 
                                         
                                                                          XOX












No comments:

Post a Comment