Sunday 15 September 2013

Gaining experience in the field

Gaining experience is crucial for upcoming MUA's in this very busy industry therefore, I decided to throw myself into it!! This week, I was very lucky to have the opportunity to work with 4 of Thailand's most skilled makeup artists and photographers.
         My first day as an assisting MUA was very exciting. I had no idea where I would be working and who I would be working with, all I knew was that I would be working for a Swiss TV show. On arrival, I met the amazing David and Natalie, who informed me that I would be doing makeup for the Swiss version of "The Batchelor". I was so excited!! Working with all of the beautiful contestants, made my job very easy! They all had gorgeous sun kissed skin, and a natural bronzed complexion which is always easy to enhance with barely any base products at all.
          During the day, I found that I was amongst all of the back stage gossip which further added to the thrill of the day. All of the girls who we made up were extremely happy with the results, and went on to get ready for their night of dining with "the Batchelor" and a full night of shooting!! Sadly, I never did get to see the mysterious 'Batchelor' however I am hoping that I will be able to catch a glimpse of him on the series!(Apparently his is a Brad Pritt lookalike!!)




Unfortunately my camera did not do any justice for the above photo as it was already night and there was really poor lighting. However, she looked absolutely beautiful. Both of the girls wanted a dramatic smoky eye and fuller brows, with bronzed skin and a neutral/nude lip.

Here is a few of the products I used on both of these beautiful girls....


Makeup Store Cover All Mix Concealer
Makeup Store Micronized Compact Powder- Translucent 
Revlon Photo-Ready Foundation- 005 Natural Beige (Buy Here)
MAC- Mineralized Skin-Finish Natural Bronzer- Medium Deep (Buy here)



Makeup Store Blush- Cherry Blossom
Natural Collection Blush- Sweet Cheeks
ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer (Buy here)
Sleek Makeup, 3 Blush- Lace Palette (Buy here)




Original Naked Palette (Buy here)
NYX- 112 Colour Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Store Multi-lash Black Mascara (non-waterproof)



KMA Cosmetics Professional Lip Palette
Makeup Store Sheer Lipstick- Breathless
Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick- Pink Mallow
Makeup Store Lip Liner- Natural

Mixing of pinks and brown lipsticks help create that perfect nude lip colour!

Hope you have a lovely day! Thankyou for reading 
XOX

2 comments:

  1. Wow the location is amazing! It's like a playground :D. Loving your blog posts Katie, keep it up! Ever though about doing a Youtube channel? I think you'd be awesome! You are a great MUA and was great to get to work with you for the Thai fabric shoot. Hope to work with you again soon! xXx Nat
    http://thinkitdreamit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arwww thankyou chick!! hahaha, I am far to shy for youtube, maybe one day ill suck it up! It was amazing to work with you too, you killed the shoot! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete