Wednesday 26 February 2014

Royal glamour....

Today was just one of those days where I felt like playing around with my makeup, trying out new looks, or playing with colours that I wouldn't normally be swayed by! Mooching around on Pinterest for the fair majority of the morning (it is SO addictive!) I suddenly felt inspired and creative and so I took this feeling and went with it! Here are a few snaps of what I created....




As you can see, I decided to do a sort of crease cut with a wing! Using Sleek's Storm palette, I took the navy blue and placed that directly onto my eyelid, without bringing the product up onto my crease. You can buy the palette here. 


 Once I had applied the gorgeous blue to my eyelid, I went in with a clean blending brush and buffed out the edges as close to the eyelid as I could to make sure there was no harsh lines or edges. Next, I took a small pencil brush and took the matte black eyeshadow from the same palette (in my opinion its one of the best black eyeshadows!!) and with a light hand, I gently outlined my crease. Little by little, and with plenty of patience and blending I was able to get the desired look and colour intensity that I wanted. 

Now, if you are like me and you haven't got the steadiest of hands when it comes to creating that perfect flick, there are simple tricks you can do to help guide you. Before applying any eyeshadow at all, I went ahead and placed a small piece of tape to my under-eye so that it went upwards towards the end of my brow. Then match it to the opposite side, apply your eyeshadow up to the tape, peel it off and whalaaaaa!! Perfect winged eye look! It's that easy! 

Finally, take that same blue eyeshadow and place it under the bottom lashes and smudge out to create a more smokey effect. I also added that same black eyeshadow to the outer third of my bottom lash line to help create that smouldering effect. Pop a lipstick, gloss, balm etc to your lips and you are good to go! Pink or orange would look gorgeous with this makeup look, the orange would perfectly complement the blue. I decided to keep my face quite subtle, not too much contouring and not too much blush, as the eyes really stand out all on their own.


If you would like to see a step-by-step pictorial of this look then please comment below! 

I hope you enjoyed this quick mid-week post and that you enjoy the remainder of the week. Remember, Friday is only 2 days away, hurray! Happy Humpday!

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment